In 2006, concern BMW Group (including the mini and Rolls-Royce), produced 1,366,838 four-wheeled vehicles that were manufactured in five countries. In 2010 produced 1,481,253 four-wheelers and motorcycles 112 271 (within the BMW and Husqvarna brands).
BMW X3 (E83) was made by Magna Steyr, a subsidiary of Magna Canada, in Graz, Austria under license from BMW until 2010. More than 45.973 were produced in 2009. Starting in October 2010 a new BMW X3 (F25) is produced at BMW's Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA from September 2010, the plant produces MINI Countryman.
It is reported that about 56 percent of BMW brand cars produced are powered by gasoline engines, and the remaining 44 percent are powered by diesel engines. Of those, gasoline vehicles, about 27 percent of four-cylinder models, and about nine percent of eight-cylinder models.